Est. 2008



All content, including text, photographs and concept design elements are orginal designs of Beverlee Morales. Content within this blog is shared for personal/non-commercial use and inspiration only. Stampin' Up! is not responsible for any content of this blog.
ThAnKs!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tea Stain Doilies

Hello Friends!  Another vintage card for me to share with you today.  I decided that today I would design my Christmas cards.  I wanted a vintage look of course and I had no idea what I was going to do.  I went out to my stampin spot and picked up a very vintage set " Welcome Christmas".  I love the main image, it just warms my heart.  The word bubble in this set and the font is beautiful, so this is the set I decided to use. 

I wanted to enhance my focal point, the stamp is of a family dressing their tree and I wanted to highlight them somehow.  I had some doilies laying around, but they are stark white.  Hummm not me, so I decided to tea stain them.  Now with the new crumb cake stamp pad and a sponge you can give your doilies the vintage tea stain look. Clever?  I think so.  I left the inside of the doilie white, just to highlight the main image. 

Doilies have holes throughout, perfect spots for ribbon, so I weaved some ribbon in the holes and tied a bow.  The backround was made using the fantastic backround stamp "Christmas Collage" which you can find in the mini catalog pg. 20. Also stamped in crumbcake.  The red of the card and the focal point is Cherry Cobbler, my favorite.   Again seam binding ribbon it's so soft and easy to tie bows with.  One last thing, notice the tiny pearl on the star. 

HERE IS THE FOCAL POINT OF THE CARD


See the difference the tea stain makes. 


Here is the whole card.  This card seems warm, soft and cozy to me, I hope you enjoyed visiting me today and seeing my creation of the day.

ChEeRs!
Beverlee

No comments: